Family involvement pays huge dividends in a child’s education. Every school day, Bardstown City Schools' parents and grandparents support education, knowing it takes strong teamwork with teachers and other school staff to provide the first-class education all children deserve.
Some tips for helping your child succeed:
Get involved in school life:
- Interest in your child’s progress and school activities demonstrates that you value education.
- Expect your children to do their best in school
- Ask what they learned in class
- Encourage them to find out more
- Provide space, time and materials for homework
- Ensure nutritious meals, physical activity and rest
- Read and talk with children about books
- Limit television viewing and other passive activities
- Regularly attend parent-teacher conferences
- Champion trustworthiness, respect, responsibility, fairness, caring and citizenship
- Stay informed about the issues that impact education through school newsletters, regular communication with staff members, and this website.
- Participate in the PTA/PTO and attend school events
- Chaperone field trips
- Speak on career days
- Assist in classrooms
- Volunteer time