The Health Services Department’s mission is to preserve and improve the health needs of all students in the Bardstown City Schools. Health Services Staff work closely in communicating with students, parents/guardians, health care professionals, school and district administrators, teachers, and other school personnel regarding health care needs of students.
What is offered?
All students of Bardstown City Schools have full-time access during the school day to nursing care by a Registered Nurse. A variety of health services are provided by School Nurse staff to include, but not limited to:
- Assessment &/or treatment of Student & Staff Illness/Injuries
- Nursing Assessments
- Health Screenings/ Appraisals (Vision, Hearing, Height, Weight, BMI, Scoliosis)
- Health Counseling & Education
- Referral & follow-up of suspected or confirmed health problems
- Emergency Health Services
- Care of Complex and/or Chronic Student Health Conditions
- Administration of Prescription & Over the Counter Medications
- Staff Training
- Formulation of Individualized Health Care Plans for students with chronic health conditions