The Tariq Farmer Armour Memorial Scholarship Fund
The Tariq Farmer Armour Memorial Scholarship Fund was created by his mother Tonia Farmer Coleman, family, friends, classmates and community to celebrate the life of Tariq Farmer Armour and to remember his exceptional spirit during his brief 18 years of life. Tariq was a 2017 graduate of Bardstown High School where he excelled as an athlete in track and football. He was a leader among his peers and was a giving and fun loving person, best known for his dazzling smile and infectious laugh. Before his death, Tariq accepted a scholarship from Georgetown College to play football. The Tariq Farmer Armour Memorial Scholarship is dedicated to continue his spirit of encouragement for student athletes at Bardstown High School.
Award: The scholarship is designated to graduating senior athletes of Bardstown High School. The Fund is intended to provide supplemental funding for full- or part-time enrolled students to an accredited state college or university within the United States of America. The award is a one-time $1,000 scholarship.
- Be a male or female student athlete graduating senior at Bardstown High School
- Be planning to pursue degree at an accredited two-year or four-year institution
- Submit two letters of recommendation attesting to the student’s good character in both school and community; andProvide an essay with the application.
- The applicant is asked to describe how participation in the Bardstown High School athletic program has helped him/her develop leadership skills and the importance of being a team player.
- The applicant should conclude the statement with the main reason why the committee should award him/her the scholarship.
How to apply:
The application and guidelines are available at Bardstown High School Guidance Office or can be downloaded from the Bardstown High School Guidance Counselor Department section at http://www.btown.k12.ky.us/BHS.aspx. Applications must be submitted by March 29, 2019.